District 4 in Anne Arundel County is diverse in its geography, communities and population. The district reaches as far north as Annapolis road near Fort George G. Meade, as far south to the Patuxent River and the border with Prince George’s County, as far east as the Herald Harbor community on the Severn River and as far West as Laurel Race Track located near the Maryland City and Russett communities. Recognizing the diverse characteristics of District 4, Andrew believes in supporting the following initiatives:
- Andrew supports smaller class sizes and teachers in our school system, appropriate funding of our public libraries, and expanding programming at our Senior Centers.
- Supporting initiatives to grow local business and increase job opportunities.
- Ensuring investment in roads, parks and other public facilities.
- Improving police and fire resources to adequately protect our community.
- Supporting smart and sustainable growth near Fort Meade, the Odenton Town Center, and the Route 198 Corridor.
- Ensuring the continuation of farming and public use of the Navy Dairy Farm property and historical preservation of the Crownsville Hospital complex.
- Supporting environmental education in our schools and in our community to protect our watershed.
- Andrew believes in involving the community in a decision to preserve the Crownsville Hospital Complex with a environmentally and sound land use plan.